What is Profhilo Treatment, how does it work?
Profhilo is a relatively new injectable treatment for skin rejuvenation that has gained popularity in recent years. It is a hyaluronic acid-based treatment that is used to hydrate, firm, and lift the skin, while also stimulating the production of collagen and elastin.
The treatment involves injecting small amounts of hyaluronic acid into multiple points in the skin using a special injection technique. Unlike traditional dermal fillers, Profhilo spreads out underneath the skin to create a network of support, rather than filling in specific lines or wrinkles.
Once injected, the hyaluronic acid molecules bind together and form a gel-like substance that gradually releases hyaluronic acid over time. This provides deep hydration to the skin and stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, which are the building blocks of healthy skin.
The treatment typically involves two sessions, four weeks apart, and results can last up to six months. Profhilo is suitable for most skin types and can be used to treat a range of concerns, including fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin. It is also commonly used on the face, neck, hands, and décolletage.
Areas you can treat and Benefits of Profhilo
Profhilo can be used to treat a variety of areas on the face and body, including:
- Face: Profhilo can be used to improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin on the face. It can be used to treat areas such as the cheeks, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, and jawline.
- Neck: Profhilo can also be used to improve the appearance of wrinkles, sagging skin, and crepey skin on the neck.
- Hands: Profhilo can help to improve the appearance of the skin on the hands by hydrating and plumping the skin, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and veins.
- Décolletage: Profhilo can be used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, sagging skin, and crepey skin on the chest area.
The benefits of Profhilo include:
- Hydration: Profhilo deeply hydrates the skin, improving its overall texture, tone, and appearance.
- Firming and lifting: Profhilo stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, which can improve the firmness and elasticity of the skin.
- Natural-looking results: Profhilo creates a natural-looking result, as it works with the body’s own natural processes to improve the skin’s appearance.
- Minimal downtime: Profhilo requires little to no downtime, allowing patients to resume their daily activities immediately after treatment.
- Long-lasting results: Profhilo can provide long-lasting results for up to six months, making it a cost-effective treatment option for skin rejuvenation.
Here’s what you can expect from a Profhilo treatment:
- Consultation: Before the treatment, you will have a consultation with a qualified practitioner who will assess your skin and determine if you are a suitable candidate for Profhilo treatment. They will also discuss your goals and expectations and answer any questions you may have.
- Preparation: Prior to the treatment, the practitioner may cleanse the treatment area and apply a topical numbing cream to reduce any discomfort.
- Injection: The practitioner will use a special injection technique to inject small amounts of the Profhilo solution into multiple points in the treatment area. The injection process is quick and usually takes around 15-20 minutes to complete.
- Aftercare: After the treatment, the practitioner may provide you with specific aftercare instructions, such as avoiding certain activities or products for a period of time. You may also experience some mild swelling or bruising in the treatment area, but this usually subsides within a few days.
- Results: You may begin to notice improvements in your skin’s hydration, texture, and overall appearance within a few days to a week after the treatment. Results typically last up to six months, and the treatment can be repeated as necessary to maintain the results.
It’s important to note that while Profhilo is generally well-tolerated, some people may experience side effects such as redness, swelling, or bruising in the treatment area. These side effects are usually mild and resolve on their own within a few days to a week. If you experience any persistent or severe side effects, be sure to contact your practitioner.
Am I a good candidate for Profhilo
The suitability for Profhilo treatment varies depending on individual circumstances, so it is important to consult with a qualified and experienced practitioner to determine if you are a good candidate. However, in general, Profhilo is suitable for most people who are looking to improve the overall appearance and hydration of their skin.
You may be a good candidate for Profhilo if you:
- Are over 18 years old.
- Have concerns about fine lines, wrinkles, or sagging skin on the face, neck, hands, or décolletage.
- Have skin that is generally healthy, but may be dehydrated or lacking in elasticity.
- Are looking for a treatment that provides natural-looking results.
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not have any active skin infections or inflammatory skin conditions in the treatment area.
- Are not currently taking any medications that may interfere with the healing process, such as blood thinners.
Ultimately, the best way to determine if you are a good candidate for Profhilo is to schedule a consultation with a qualified practitioner who can assess your skin and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan for you.